Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-I337, is my wifi issue due to hardware?

z_vitali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my Samsung Galaxy s4 over the summer and since Ive had the phone the wifi has been funky. The wifi will connect, but the signal is never strong, no matter how near or far from router. Also, a notifcation saying my wifi connection is unstable appears frequently when I am actually able to get wifi connected. I have tried many of the software "fixes" found on youtube ect. and nothing seems to make a difference. Just wondering if it would be worth my while to look into replacing the wifi hardware in the phone. I just want my wifi to work well, as Ive been eating up data as a result of lost wifi. This issue has cuased hours of frustration and any help will be appreciated.

Any help, opinions, stories of similar situations, ect. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Z_vitali

Larry Virden

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have now had my S4 for 13 months. For at least the last 11 months, I have had all sorts of problems. The wi-fi at work in present nearly everywhere, and is strong in most places. However, my S4 shows constant issues with obtaining, and maintaining, connections.
I looked over the guide but didn't find anything relevant.
The networking team investigated and said that it appeared to them that the wifi on my phone is broken.
Is this even a thing? Are there apps or tools that I could use to verify that the S4 itself is at the root of the problem?