Need help moving data from SDcard to Phone's internal memory.

ARHillbilly

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and with a 64GB microSD card. It appears that something has corrupted my SD card as some apps have stopped working and a lot of my pictures have because unusable. AT&T says it a corrupted SD card and that I should not use a 64GB card, go smaller like a 32GB card. I am just trying to save what I can off the data on the SD card so I can format the card hoping that will resolve my issues. It would appear that all my apps are on the internal memory (only checked a handful and all showed SD card app 0.00B which lead me to believe it was on internal memory) but some data for the application is stored on the SD card as well as pics and videos. However in the Application manager under SD CARD there are apps listed but still how SD card app 0.00B but there Data shows some value above zero. The pics and videos are easy I just don't understand how to move the directories in the \card\Android\data folder to the internal memory. If I look I have a data folder in the \phone\Android\ directory with some of the same names that is listed in the card's data folder such as "com.google.earth" and "com.amazon.kindle". It would seem easy of there were no duplicate folder names but not sure how to handle the move with duplicates on the SDcard and phone memory. Any help would be appreciated. I also have one folder called OfflineMaps on the SDcard. Where to move that sucker?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can use your PC to check for errors in the card. The PC might even be able to fix the card too. However, once a card fails once, the chances of it failing again are pretty good.

Sent from an AOSP M8

robertd0619

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
More than likely fried your sd card. I would suggest just redownload all apps again. As far as apps data pretty much lost it already. Hopefully you can salvage some of your pictures and other files you need from that sd card. GL.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ARHillbilly

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for your replies. Is there any sort of clean up I need to do for these apps? Or do I just unmount the SD card and put a new one and what apps don't work delete and reload them?

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance