Why is my system UI continuously crashing?

floluxes

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
system ui keeps crashing - no wallpaper

Hello,
I have a quite serious problem, I'm afraid. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and yesterday I downloaded the app GIF Livewallpaper Maker(Free), an app that lets you use gifs as wallpaper for your phone. However I didn't like the way the background looked, so I went and uninstalled it, BUT I forgot to change the wallpaper back to a still picture before doing so. The result was that the background disappeared completely, it's black. That wouldn't be a problem, but it seems like this altered something, so now a message that says "unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped" pops up literally every two seconds. Even if I try to add a wallpaper in between the pop ups, I can't. It won't let me click anything, not even the return, options and home buttons work. The only thing I can do is turn off the phone. I tried wiping the data and doing a hard reset; I figured I would lose my data but at least it'd revert to the default background. Everything went back as it was when I bought the phone but the wallpaper! It's still black, and the error message keeps coming up and I can't do anything! I also tried wiping the cache, but it did nothing!
Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to go to Customer Service to have it fixed? Do you think they'd be able to fix it? I need my phone for work!
Thank you very much!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: system ui keeps crashing - no wallpaper

Welcome to the forums. If you take it to Customer Service, they will probably just reflash the ROM. If you are still under warranty, I would have them do it (it isn't hard but if something goes wrong, they did it, not you).

AntwonJenkins

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
THIS EXACTLY IS MY PROBLEM! Had it happen once and the only thing I could figure to do was Factory Reset and reflash firmware via Odin. Only last time I was able to plug in my phone prior to wiping and backup everything off the internal storage. THIS TIME however NOTHING shows up when I plug it into my computer. I really would like to preserve the pics I took on Halloween but am fearing I may have to wipe everything again. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain