Why won't my phone turn back on?

samsung24

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Phone will not turn back on

Samsung s4 - Verizon

In sum, earlier today I was using my phone with no problems-- calls, texts, using apps etc. I went to 'close my screen' when I was done using it and I realized the side power/lock screen button was not working and my screen was not responding when I wanted to lock it. I removed the battery hoping it would reset the phone and fix what was wrong but now my phone will not turn back on. I plugged the phone into the wall for at least 30 minutes as well as plugging it in the computer for quite some time. No response from the phone at all. (no charging icon, computer is not detecting the usb cable when plugged into computer, etc.)I also held the buttons down to try to power on as well.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem, or somehow retrieve files (mainly pictures) from the phone,

Thank you for your help. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone will not turn back on

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like there might be an issue with the Power button. Does it press down normally, or does it seem a little stuck or mushy? If the feel is different, you might need to have it checked out at a repair shop. If you're lucky, maybe there's just some gunk caught in the button housing that is preventing it from pressing down correctly, and it could just be cleaned out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith