Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't turn on

I pulled my phone out of my pocket today and it had turned itself off. I KNOW that it had about a 30% battery life at the time because I had used it just a few minutes before I noticed it was off. I tried turning it back on, but got nothing. Not even the low battery screen that normally comes on when its dead. I tried charging it, but the red light indicating its charging isn't coming on. I've tried multiple chargers and even my tablet and computer and still nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a few hours as well. I've tried to do the complete factory mode restart, safe mode, but the only sign of life I can get is that everytime I put the battery back in, it vibrates and the Samsung Galaxy logo pops up for a second and then it goes black. One time after putting the battery back in, it actually turned on and seemed like it would be fine, but quickly shut off again with no warning.

I noticed for the past few days it has randomly said it doesn't recognize my SIM card and it has to restart. So I restart and it works fine. Not sure if that's related or not.

I don't have insurance on it and these things are expensive. I'd appreciate any tips or advice.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay