Android OS

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't look so terrible now. Couple of things.

Lookout is no longer there, did you stop it?

Signal still looks weak and, as Diddy said, some drain must come from there.

Do you have location on? High accuracy? This could be one of the possible reasons for Android System being a bit high.

Are you using an SD card? If so, do you have apps in it or just photos, music ...? Try avoiding having apps in it. Maybe you should run a battery cycle without the card and see if there's a difference.

How many hours of SOT did you use to get before this problem? I'm not sure if 3:30hs and 20% of battery left is much less than expected in your phone or not.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't look so terrible now. Couple of things.

Lookout is no longer there, did you stop it?

Signal still looks weak and, as Diddy said, some drain must come from there.

Do you have location on? High accuracy? This could be one of the possible reasons for Android System being a bit high.

Are you using an SD card? If so, do you have apps in it or just photos, music ...? Try avoiding having apps in it. Maybe you should run a battery cycle without the card and see if there's a difference.

How many hours of SOT did you use to get before this problem? I'm not sure if 3:30hs and 20% of battery left is much less than expected in your phone or not.

No I didn't stop Lookout it just disappeared from the battery stats screen. My signal has always been weak especially when I go to work for the 3 hours it's very hard to get signal at work.

I do have location on but I set it to medium accuracy as when it was on high it kept turning on the GPRS which I didn't like.

I do have an sd card in my phone with pictures, videos & music on it but one of my apps moved itself over to the sd card.

I dunno what SOT is but 3:30hs is about right for my phone before the update. Maybe I need to wait for the OS to play up again then post results.

Posted via Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like things are settling down on their own after the update. SOT means Screen on time, how long has been on.

There are lots of people complaining about kitkat having problems with sd cards (battery issues, missing icons ...).

Try to keep the number of apps using location to a minimum that cover your needs. Check the settings in apps like Facebook and decide if you really need that (I'm not a big fan of the FB app and I just access from the browser).

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like things are settling down on their own after the update. SOT means Screen on time, how long has been on.

There are lots of people complaining about kitkat having problems with sd cards (battery issues, missing icons ...).

Try to keep the number of apps using location to a minimum that cover your needs. Check the settings in apps like Facebook and decide if you really need that (I'm not a big fan of the FB app and I just access from the browser).

Ok thanks will keep that in mind. If i come across any other problems then I'll be coming back on here. Seems to be all good for now.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
This just happened

Screenshot_2014-11-13-22-59-33.jpg

Screenshot_2014-11-13-22-59-27.jpg

Screenshot_2014-11-13-22-59-48.jpg

Screenshot_2014-11-13-22-59-57.jpg

Also where have all the other apps gone to that use the battery? I haven't changed anything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks as if something internal is going on - that's normal for a few days after an update. It's also normal for an antivirus app to use most of the battery right after an update - it checks all files you download, and an update is half a GB of new files to check, all at once.

Just a note, Lucy - constantly draining the battery past 40% will shorten its life. 17% will drastically shorten it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Those percentages don't make sense. They can't be real. 2:35 hs of screen and just 8% of battery used?

As Rubkat said, you must wait a couple of days while the update sort of settles down.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Didn't no that about the battery as my phone only tells me to connect the charger at 19% which I thought was good enough. I've always charged it then & it seems ok.

Last night when the android OS was using 80%+ my phone wasn't running hot which was a good thing. Just wish it would all calm down already though.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey Lucy! Any improvement or still the same?

I think it's calmed down now. At the moment android OS is at 11% & android system is at 17% which is normal for my phone. Although last night I had to turn my phone off then on again as it was quite hot & the screen wouldn't light up at all. It's all ok at the moment.

exilis

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same since it received a stability update from EE a week or so ago. Haven't had a chance to factory reset yet but hopeful that will settle things down.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same since it received a stability update from EE a week or so ago. Haven't had a chance to factory reset yet but hopeful that will settle things down.

I'm with EE too. I seriously don't wanna have to factory reset my phone. To much to loose.