Why am I having video streaming problems playing videos from a website?

HorsePlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Video streaming from a website problem

Horse owner and NEVER had a problem with this phone. Need to watch races from off track websites and on track sites. All of a sudden my video does not play after its buffering. With my Chrome browser I get nothing just " No playable sources found"....with IE as stated before its buffering and then black but sporadic sound. Please HELP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Video streaming from a website problem

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried other browsers like Dolphin or Firefox?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try going to the App Manager, select Chrome, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. If that doesn't work, it's possible something changed on the website--maybe they decided to go back to Flash or something, which isn't supported by Android.

HorsePlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Try going to the App Manager, select Chrome, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. If that doesn't work, it's possible something changed on the website--maybe they decided to go back to Flash or something, which isn't supported by Android.

First thanks for the help, I did that and still the same...besides one of my sites is Explorer by default and the other Chrome...both do not work. I tried downloading another video player and that did not work. Very frustrated

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

First thanks for the help, I did that and still the same...besides one of my sites is Explorer by default and the other Chrome...both do not work. I tried downloading another video player and that did not work. Very frustrated

Try the puffin web browser and you may need Adobe flash player if the Website has changed from html to flash streaming as B. Diddy suggested. Another video player won't solve the issue.

HorsePlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

The good news is one of the tracks im running a horse today has an app...the video stream works fine through the app so I'm less frustrated. The track also advised me nothing on their website has changed.

I would like to understand why this stopped working for me and decide if perhaps i won't buy android next time

HorsePlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

can anyone else suggest how do fix besides try another browser...recap video streaming using chrome or explorer has suddenly stopped working after one year of never having a problem

HorsePlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

It was software update that fixed it....I guess i missed due to memory being full...everything works now...twitter i just turned off notifications and then back on...weird but works again

Battery drain is very bad now, is that an issue w software update...it runs down much faster now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol