1 star for all the spam on my phone

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you appreciate all the spam samsung and the carriers install on your phone? Would you find it acceptable if microsoft installed bloatware in your windows installation on every update? I just got 4.4.4 update for my AT&T S4 and there are 5 or 6 new programs that I don't recognize from before like keeper and uber. I am going to each of those apps and giving them a 1 star spam rating.

It's so ridiculous that these apps show up in my apps in google play even though I didn't install them. One of them is lookout anti virus. How does a virus work? At is't most basic level a virus installs itself on your computer without you agreeing to it. Isn't that exactly what is happening here? I don't know what these apps are doing. I can't remove them.

If you agree please give them 1 star. Only me doing it isn't going matter, but if a lot of people do it then the app creators will take notice. I know when I am considering a new app I will pick the one with a 4.2 over one with a 3.9. So it matters and if enough people do that maybe they will stop spamming us and wasting our limited space with these useless unwanted apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, this is an age-old issue. Bloatware helps subsidize devices, so that's the tradeoff--if there's no bloatware, then you probably end up paying more for the device. This is one of the reasons why I like Nexus devices.