Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
OK, new here so if the answers are here I am just too lazy to search:

The following three apps won't close whenever I open them:

1) Facebook
2) Words with Friends
3) Google Play Music

Reasons, how to fix, anything?

When you say "close" do you mean backing out of the app or force closing? i.e. when you're in Facebook for example, can you not press the home button and that comes out of the app?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Won't close how? Like they are running in the background won't close or like they won't leave the screen won't close? Is it eating up your data, memory, battery? Why do you want them to close?

I'm not 100% about the other two but FB stays running in the background when opened so you can get all of those vital updates about your friend's status or that post you commented on. It never really closes. I'm guessing that WWF is probably the same way since it constantly wants you to play as soon as your friends play their round. Not sure why GPM would be like that unless it just wants to be ready with tunes for you at a moments notice. I think you can control the refresh rate on FB so it's not syncing so often, not sure about WWF, and again I have no idea why GPM would be up after closing at all.

You can clear them from your multitasking screen which essentially closes them. The only way to completely stop them is in your app manager by force stopping them, and even at that they may restart on their own.

Jody Guercio

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
When you say "close" do you mean backing out of the app or force closing? i.e. when you're in Facebook for example, can you not press the home button and that comes out of the app?

Kevin, backing out of the app not force closing. For some reason those three apps don't close when I exit out.

Won't close how? Like they are running in the background won't close or like they won't leave the screen won't close? Is it eating up your data, memory, battery? Why do you want them to close?

Vid, like they are constantly running in the background. If I don't go into the "Active Apps" widget and force close them then they drain my battery. I want to close them so that that doesn't happen.
I
You can clear them from your multitasking screen which essentially closes them. The only way to completely stop them is in your app manager by force stopping them, and even at that they may restart on their own.

After I force close them, the only one that keeps coming back is the music app and in the past when that happened with that app, you simply had to disable the app and revert it back to factory default and problem solved. With the latest update to it, the problem has resurfaced. PITA is all, just looking around for solutions.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry the OS is letting you down. Google services are going to be hard to stop. If you think the last version of GPM was better you could uninstall the updates. As for the others good luck. FB is engrained in the OS and therefore not going down easy. You gave the other permission and it will do whatever it wants. I do want to take this time to say that a battery saver app won't help you much. In fact they usually burn more power than they save because they are constantly closing apps that reopen as long as the phone is on. You may be better served using airplane mode or turning off data when it's not needed. Like at work or when Wi-Fi is available.

Posted via Android Central App