Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 turn on?

HK-47

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S4 was working fine, all normal and then suddenly, it turned itself off. It refuses to turn on again. Doesn't respond to holding the power key. Plugging it into charger has no effect. If I take the battery out and put it back in again, it vibrates and the screen shows the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo (as it does when you usually start it up), but then the screen just goes black again and nothing happens. It's on an O2 contract and they do any necessary repairs for free, but I'd rather see if I can get it working myself before having to go in to the O2 shop and sending it away for a week. If anyone can help, I would most appreciate it :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The first thing to try is a new battery. Batteries can fail suddenly, even if they're relatively new, due to defects.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Or just see if you can borrow a friend's battery, since there's a decent chance someone else you know has an S4. You'd just need it for a few minutes, to see if the phone powers on normally with it.

mayoradz

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
same problem here. just want to know if you already have the solution for this. I already tried replacing the battery but the same thing happened (Samsung logo, then turns off). Thank you, i'll appreciate it a lot.

AGC8

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Was going to order a new battery to see if it wasn't my battery unable to hold enough charge. It's 2018 July now. So, my battery might be at the end of it's life. In the morning I was trying to take video. Phone stopped recording before I wanted to a few times. Then in the afternoon it wouldn't power on. Same thing as the others. I'd get the SAMSUNG logo then it powers off. Want to see if thee is a cheap solution before taking it to a phone repair shop and paying their ridiculous fee.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995