Why is everything stopping and why is status custom?

david7668

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
why is everything stopping and why is status custom

I was told there was a custom rom that was on my phone, so I did an "unroot" using Odin... still does same thing... in settings (it works right after I reboot phone, only to later stop) it still says my device is "custom". Then everything starts stopping ("unfortunately settings stopped..")
What do I do!???? help! Please.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is everything stopping and why is status custom

Welcome to the forums. A custom ROM will change the status of the device (you are no longer stock). Can you describe what you did with Odin? Did you flash a stock ROM with it?

david7668

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

So I followed this youtube video
(dot)com/watch?v=6TMuVMbxi8c
to unroot and get back to stock.... I never rooted the phone, but tmobile tech said the phone says custom by status so it was rooted.
After following all the instructions ODIN said PASS. but when it restarted there was a red triangle and exclaimation mark by the android guy... phone restarted and it still has custom in the status, things are stopping

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

So I followed this youtube video
(dot)com/watch?v=6TMuVMbxi8c
to unroot and get back to stock.... I never rooted the phone, but tmobile tech said the phone says custom by status so it was rooted.
After following all the instructions ODIN said PASS. but when it restarted there was a red triangle and exclaimation mark by the android guy... phone restarted and it still has custom in the status, things are stopping

What carrier do you have?

david7668

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I have tmobile and downloaded the correct tar file, Samsung drivers, and ODIN.
ran the whole process got pass, but still custom. could it be a virus? what should I do? Thanks for your help!

david7668

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I took out the micro usb for the heck of it, then restarted phone, while new tar was downloading on computer. Device status is now official! And working! Any ideas what was/is going on?

david7668

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes. So I only have the phone memory currently. If I buy a new card I can toss it in correct?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I will be honest, I am not sure what happened. But yes, you can buy a new card and use it.