How do I set a set path with a file manager app?

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
how to set a set path with a file manager app?

I currently have ES Explorer on my phone. I need to set a temp path with this app and I don't know how to do it. Can you anyone help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to set a set path with a file manager app?

Do you mean that you want to create a temporary directory?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

On ES File Explorer, go to the directory where you want to create a new folder, tap the "New" button at the lower left, and select Folder. Does that work?

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I actually did that and it created a new folder. The issue is, that I have to create in the sd card like this: "/sdcard/temp2". Once created,I was supposed to place an app into that folder. The app installed but didn't stay running.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So this doesn't sound like a problem with creating a directory--it sounds more like a problem with trying to install an app to SD card, right? Which app? You can't physically place an app in a specific folder on the SD card--you need to let the app install itself (either by installing from an appstore like Google Play, or by downloading an .apk file and executing it). Apps typically install to Internal Storage, but on certain devices, you can "Move to SD," but this only moves a portion of the app to the SD card, and you can't control what part of the app moves, nor which directory it goes to.

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I was trying to install Game guardian on it. My device is rooted and I was advised to install it this way. Don't I need to install it in the directory that I was suggested to create?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I recall discussing Game Guardian with you in another thread, I think. You have to install Game Guardian by downloading the .apk installer file, right? Executing an .apk file should make it install in a folder that is created by the installer file itself, I think. For example, if you were to download the Amazon AppStore .apk file and placed it on the SD card, running the file wouldn't install it on the SD card. (I'm not even sure it would run if it were on the SD card.) It would install to the Internal Storage, and create the proper folders for its data there.

Do the folks at Game Guardian give specific instructions on how to install?

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The information that I obtained was from the Game Guardian forum itself. I found it in troubleshooting. The Subject and solution reads like the image below, but it didn't work for me.

temp path.JPG.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could help you more, but I think you'll probably get better help if you continue posting in the Game Guardian forum. Good luck!

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe you're right. I'll continue posting there and hopefully, I will get this resolved. Thanks for your kindness, patience and advise... :)