Is motherboard of galaxy s4 burnt out?

Goh Jia Jun

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Battery drains quickly
I didn't use my s4 but the battery drains quickly. I had try to charge my s4 to 100% and power off for a night until the next morning and it just 76%. How can my battery drain if the phone was power off? Besides that, the phone was getting hot although I didn't use it.

Wi-Fi connection and bluetooth problems
I had try the code *#0011# and it turned off but when i turned on the wifi again, it stuck again. And I tried the second time with the code and it didn't work anymore. My bluetooth also had this kind of problem.

When I charge my phone it showed "charging paused. Battery temperature too low"

I had factory reset and all problems above were still there?

I tried to power off and reboot it. There didn't work. Only can boot my s4 when it was charging.

Now my s4 cant boot anymore ? Don't know is the motherboard burnt out or run out of battery? I cant charge anymore now......

please help .....

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Battery drains quickly
I didn't use my s4 but the battery drains quickly. I had try to charge my s4 to 100% and power off for a night until the next morning and it just 76%. How can my battery drain if the phone was power off?
Aside from the fact that lithium batteries self-discharge (which wouldn't account for 24% overnight), part of the phone is on even when it's "off", or pressing the power button wouldn't do anything.

Besides that, the phone was getting hot although I didn't use it.
There's a short somewhere - in the phone, on the motherboard, in the battery. It's not possible to guess which, it has to be looked at.

Wi-Fi connection and bluetooth problems
I had try the code *#0011# and it turned off but when i turned on the wifi again, it stuck again. And I tried the second time with the code and it didn't work anymore. My bluetooth also had this kind of problem.
Try explaining the problem more clearly. You can turn wifi on and off with *#0011# or in Settings or on the notification pulldown. They all do the same thing.

When I charge my phone it showed "charging paused. Battery temperature too low"

I had factory reset and all problems above were still there?

I tried to power off and reboot it. There didn't work. Only can boot my s4 when it was charging.

Now my s4 cant boot anymore ? Don't know is the motherboard burnt out or run out of battery? I cant charge anymore now......
My standard philosophy wen it comes to electronics (not just cellphones):

If it doesn't work, and you have a replacement warranty, have it replaced. I've never wasted more than 5 minutes "fixing" problems in a new device, even when I sold them. The manufacturer will eventually eat the cost. Is it a cooked motherboard? Possibly. Do you care, as long as you get a working phone?

Rbrown3012

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Charge the battery to 100%, turn phone off, remove battery and set aside for the night. Next morning put battery back in, reboot and check level. If its not 98-100%, ie substatially less like 80% or less, BAD battery. If battery shows 100% when reinstalled, then problem is with phone.
As for temperature on display, most lithium ion batteries have a temp sensing circuit to prevent too high a charge rate. The idea is that beyond a certain temp range ( too hot) within battery the circuit reduces the charging amperage to prevent adversely affecting the battery. If battery is to cold the circuit may prevent charging at all, but were talking, usually, below freezing even sub-zero temps. In those cases, puting battery somewhere to warm it, inside your clothes against your body for awhile or some other warm place then reconnect charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon