Google Play icon missing but app still there

eztarget

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
My Google Play Store ICON is missing but the app is still there (in text form). The link still works just fine but I'd like to put an icon to the link again.

I have a Galaxy S4 running on Verizon's network. The phone is stock (no rooting) with update SCH-I545_NG6_to_NK1 installed on 12/09/2014.

Is there a place to turn the icon back on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean the shortcut is missing from the homescreen? Do you see it in the App Drawer? Can you drag and drop the Google Play Store from the App Drawer back to the homescreen?

eztarget

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
No the shortcut is there but the icon is gone and all I see is a black spot where it used to be. I still do see the TEXT of the icon (which is how I find it) and if you hit the dark area it still launches the app.

Also if I go the app drawer the same thing. Dark icon but text is visible.

I restarted my phone and now the Google Play Store is back but my Firefox icon is now dark? It almost seems like a bug or virus.

joseph c wilder

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My Google Play Store ICON is missing but the app is still there (in text form). The link still works just fine but I'd like to put an icon to the link again.

I have a Galaxy S4 running on Verizon's network. The phone is stock (no rooting) with update SCH-I545_NG6_to_NK1 installed on 12/09/2014.

Is there a place to turn the icon back on?