Device memory full for some odd reason?

missitaliana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My device memory is saying 'storage full...' etc etc, so I deleted the largest apps which I assumed were taking up the space. But no difference has been made.
I also moved very large apps to my memory card but no difference.
I can't even download the smallest app without the phone saying 'error, insufficient memory' or re-install the apps I deleted to make more space.

I have a samsung S4 MINI

PLEASE HELP ME!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The phone needs about 500MB of free internal storage.

2) Moving an app to the SD card has at least 2 problems - a) it might not run from the SD card, even if the developer didn't make it non-movable and b) every piece of it that gets moved leaves a pointer in internal storage (which is where Android looks for it), so it doesn't save much space.

What takes up most space is videos, pictures, songs, etc.

Also, go to Settings/General/Storage. Wait until Cache has finished calculating. Then press it and clear it. (You won't lose any data - that's stuff apps were using temporarily and the developer doesn't write code that cleans up after itself.

And try Low on Space? Dump logcat. If your log file is huge (it can get huge), a phone with 32GB of internal storage can be out of memory. The file is only needed if you're debugging a problem, and the problem will create the file and make entries to it even after you've deleted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol