How to get rid of corrupted podcast file?

rulem

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
A few months ago I used an app called pocketcasts. I deleted it after a certain podcast would continuously overwrite anything else I was listening to after a few minutes. I deleted the podcast and the app but the problem persisted. I decided to do a hard reset of my entire phone. I did not re-download the app or the podcast. The problem went away for a while. Today I started listening to music on my phone when it happened again. The same podcast cut in and interrupted the other music. I went into my files and deleted everything that had to do with podcasts but the problem still happens. Any idea how to prevent this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what do you mean by a hard reset? (It actually means turning the phone off, then turning it on, as opposed to a soft reset, which is long-pressing the power button, then choosing Restart. They make no difference in your case.) Your best bet is probably to back up everything, including apps, app data, texts, pictures, audio and video files - everything. Then do a factory reset. If that doesn't do it, the app corrupted something in the system, and you'll probably have to reflash the ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1