galaxy s4 sim card reader problem

stevekeane

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, new here to this forum. Im having an issue with my phone. A couple of months back my phone came up with the no sim card icon on the top left of the screen (sim card was in) I turned it on and off and it was fine again. It started to happen more and more and restarting it didnt always work. I was finally fed uo and borrowed a phone of my friend. I read that the sim card reader gives trouble sometimes so I changed it last night. Worked perfectly all night and this morning until 10am and the inerrt sim card icon was back. Any idea on the possible problem? Ive been ising the same sim on other phone with no issues so cant be the sim I dont think??

Getting really fed up now. Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that you changed the SIM card reader? Did you actually take the phone apart and replace that component?

Daniel Anghel

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello . I have the same problem months ago and I couldn`t do anything to fix it. At your question about the sim reader , i changed it too and no solution ( I mean the sim reader component of the phone) . I would like to know a fix to this too. What did I do and worked for a few days was a total format of the phone and installed the last OS (4.4.2) for my GT i9305 of Vodafone, Spain (my carrier) .
Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance for any contribution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11