Why does my camera turn on when receiving a text?

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Camera turns on when receiving text

Over the past few weeks, each time I receive a text the camera app automatically opens. Is this a way for the government to spy on me?
Anyone having similar problems?

hubermania

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera turns on when receiving text

Does it happen with every text you get from everybody? Some security apps allow you to remotely activate the camera in the event the phone os stolen. Still others take a picture if the wrong password is entered X times. Then there's the possibility a buddy got their hands on your unlocked phone and "enhanced" it.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Cache partition wipe worked. Never heard of that. Thanks B. Diddy.

Hubermania - I'll keep an eye on my buddies to make sure they don't do that. Thanks for the heads up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it worked! The system cache partition is where the system stores various temporary data. Sometimes that data can start to mess things up, so wiping the cache can help fix all kinds of odd issues. It's harmless--you won't erase any personal data--so it's always worth trying, if the device allows you to do it. Certain devices (like many LG ones) don't let the user do this.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

It's happening again. I don't need to wipe the system cache partition every day, do I?
Hopefully lollipop will fix this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You could also boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then something you installed is probably causing it--the challenge is then to pinpoint it by uninstalling apps one by one. Safe Mode steps are at the bottom of that previous link.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I'll try that and report back.

I see that another thread was started about random camera startups. This may be becoming a more common problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech