S4 screen flickering issue

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Firstly i would like to say hello to everybody.

I have a galaxy s4 which has been suffering from a screen flickering issue for a good 2 months now. I called samsung up and they put it in for repair at SBE in kent. It came back as no fault found. So i called samsung up again and it got sent back there again. Again it came back as no fault found. It was then sent off to Anovo on 2 occasions and received it back today for the 4th time and yet again no fault has been found. There has been endless calls between me and samsung, SBE and Anovo, and i even sent in video proof to Anovo. I spoke to samsung earlier on this afternoon and apparently this has been escalated to a manager whom of which i am awaiting a phonecall to see where we go from here. I told samsung last week that if it comes back as no fault found on this occasion i will not be sending it back in.

Has anybody else been in this situation as i dont know what samsung are likely to say or do.

Cheers in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but it's hard to tell much from the video--the glare from the light is a bit harsh. Are you talking about how the screen brightens, then suddenly dims? Or is it a much higher frequency flickering?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That might be part of the reason why they weren't that convinced. See if you can take a better video of the problem.

OneHappyMomma

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what to say either. I am having serious issues with the same phone and the flickering is really bad now, it makes your previous phone's problem look small. I received a replacement phone since I was not receiving cell phone coverage at my home and they, Verizon, thought it could have been my phone (although my hubby who has an iPhone is experiencing some cell phone coverage issues also). My phone worked perfectly and I received a dud.:( I may have to contact Samsung, I really like their phones but I don't want to upgrade at least for another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney