S4 i9500 lolipop international edition

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Let me start with bugs

1 . No guest mode feature
2. No way to mute u your phone ..stays perpetually on vibrate mode
3. The dual clock widget is messed up ie if it's 1530 ppm the '1' left doesntt go away
4. Facebook crashes very often
5. M not sure but I've noticed wifi dropping ..will update if I see it

Goods
1. Slick fast UI
2. Lock screen gets notifications
3. Lock screen camera is super fast
4. Battery drain not a issue like kitkat
5. Notifications are awesome
6. Samsung default email app looks sexy..
7. Touch wiz is smooth

I'll update more as I find..Overall the 900meg update ran smooth ota and the phone feels brand new. There is clearly a lot more positives than negatives... but ill get it if some don't have a preference for the new material design

Posted via Android Central App

Newsteel

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Ideally, you coul post some screen captions of the ui since some of us are still leary of updating yet, in my case, mostly because what I've seen of the interface is not to my liking as far as the colors. And icons
Much appreciated. :)

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is one ...and i don't know what the STAR on the top panel means :)... will post more

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-12-00-03-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-12-00-03-15.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 32

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Agree... my s4 is 2 years old and it feels like a brand new device after lollipop. I like the new UI and battery life is awesome ...

Newsteel

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Thx for the photos and link. Other than the multi window /multitasking which seems improved, I don't like the pastels... As far as the battery life is concerned, I read a ton of opinions, equally positive and negative. Those two things would make me upgrade right now, given a dark UI. Think I'll wait for another iteration.. I only wish I could debloat it. Without root, because I'm still under warranty

gillm13

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
one more bug where whatsapp messages become like a long list of messages e.g if a contact sent you multiple messages it won't be like 5 messages from this contact but will show each and every message and will cover half your screen notification would be this long

Rajath Gowda

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
sorry for posting it here but need some help.

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the CHN 5.0.1 lollipop on my S4(I9500).
I want to downgrade it to 4.4.2 kitkat official and upgrade it official 5.0.1.
i am not able to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat.
i downloaded my country stock firmware I9500DDUEMJ5 from sammobile and tried downgrading it using odin but every time it fails and i have to reinstall the same Chinese version lollipop all over again.
please some one help me with this problem.
Please tell me the proper steps to downgrade.

current bulid no :LRX22C.I9500ZCUJOA3
Device status : custom

thank you in advance

neel69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One issue after updating mine(I9500)-- after I set up s-health from time to time I am getting the notification "unlock s-health". Anyone knows what this is or how to fix it? It's very annoying because the phone just starts buzzing with the notification out of no where. Moreover the notification goes away right after it shows on the status bar. I can though open the S Health app and it shows that it has been updated to the latest version. I also did a hard reset after updating to Lollipop. Still I get that notification. Any help to this nagging issue?

Seshan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Unable to Configure/Sync with Microsoft Exchange Active Sync after the 5.0.1 update in my S4.
Any one else facing the same issue?

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
one more bug where whatsapp messages become like a long list of messages e.g if a contact sent you multiple messages it won't be like 5 messages from this contact but will show each and every message and will cover half your screen notification would be this long

Not happening with me..can u post screenshot

Aalind Agrawal

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
what about the camera?? I only have the panorama and beauty face in back camerea after upgrading to lollipop..
P.S-I've flashed the offial indian firmware from sammobile.

roheasy

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have the s4 i337 and my lollipop update has a few differences than yours u have a mobile data toggle I don't mine has a toggle marked do not disturb yours says all its weird

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-25-00-41-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-25-00-41-47.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2