Why does my Samsung S4 turn itself on without me pressing the power button?

Zain Mohamed

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung S4 turns itself on without me pressing the power button

When I put the battery into my phone, it starts to boot up without me holding the power button. However, once the Samsung S4 logo has appeared, the phone shuts off and I can't do anything. Even if I hold the volume key when I put the battery in, the screen shows the "download other OS" message for a few seconds then turn off. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 turns itself on without me pressing the power button

Welcome to Android Central! I would suspect a faulty battery or a stuck or damaged Power button. Are you able to try a different battery easily? That's the first thing to do. If a different or new battery doesn't help, then you may need to bring it to a Samsung service center or local repair shop, and focus on the Power button.

Zain Mohamed

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 turns itself on without me pressing the power button

My post code is IG2 6DF. Where would the closest service center or repair shop be? Sorry for the late reply. After i posted this it worked again but now it's not again. Please reply quickly

Zain Mohamed

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't done anything to it yet. I'm due for an upgrade soon so I'm just gonna wait. It is out of warranty so I don't really want to pay too much. Sorry I couldn't help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85