Why & how are pictures I deleted showing on someones else's phone?

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
why & how are pictures I deleted showing on someones elses phone

I deleted the 4 pictures I'm talking about almost 1 yr ago. I took the pics with my current phone. 3 of the pic's were sent to someone not connected to my brother in any way by facebook messenger. 1 of the pics I had texted to him through regular text. Well now the 3 pics I had sent to that person on facebook messenger of jewelry are showing up in his facebook messenger. The one I sent him was a pic of a jug of protein powder so he knew which one to buy and that one is showing up in his camera pictures as though he took the picture. Twice in the past week he has received the pics in both places. Nothing identifying on the pic or in the details of the pictures. Just time and date sent in the details. The only way he knew they had even been my pictures is that he recognized the back ground being in my house. I have checked my Google Drive, my Google +, my picture files, and my camera and those pictures DO NOT exist! I knew when he sent them to me asking why I was sending him these pic that I had deleted them shortly after I took them and asked him how he even got them. Our facebooks, google anything, phone service carriers and camera are not connected in anyway. He has Sprint, I have ATT.

How is this happening? Why can this happen?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why & how are pictures I deleted showing on someones elses phone

They're showing up on his phone? Then it's nothing you did, it's probably something he did. Like never delete them. Or saved them to the cloud and when they were missing from his phone, syncing brought them back from the cloud.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I knew when he sent them to me asking why I was sending him these pic that I had deleted them shortly after I took them and asked him how he even got them. Our facebooks, google anything, phone service carriers and camera are not connected in anyway. He has Sprint, I have ATT.

How is this happening? Why can this happen?

Seems as if he has the pics somewhere on his side.... but Facebook can produce similar results if you or he has sharing options with "family" selected and are using FB Messenger

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Bosbouer, I guess that section of my post reads totally wrong. He only had 1 of the pics on his side and had also deleted his copy of what I had sent him. This pic was also sent as text... not facebook. That 1 pic had been deleted on both sides almost a yr ago. The other 3 were not sent to him at all through messenger or text and we are not on a family share, those pics weren't even sent to family. So they should not show up to him after being deleted for almost a yr. The details on the pics had the current time and dates but nothing about who they came from.

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Rukbat, thank you, but only 1 of the pictures had even been sent to him by text. The other 3 were through facebook messenger to someone not known by him or family but are now showing up in his FB messenger. The one that was texted to him through text shows up in his camera with the current time and date as though he had just taken the picture and he deleted it shortly after I had sent it originally. That was almost a yr ago. He deleted it last thursday the 1st time it happened, then he received it again this past friday. Thats also the times he received the 3 messenger pics, also in his fb pictures.

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Bosbouer, I guess that section of my post reads totally wrong. He only had 1 of the pics on his side and had also deleted his copy of what I had sent him. This pic was also sent as text... not facebook. That 1 pic had been deleted on both sides almost a yr ago. The other 3 were not sent to him at all through messenger or text and we are not on a family share, those pics weren't even sent to family. So they should not show up to him after being deleted for almost a yr. The details on the pics had the current time and dates but nothing about who they came from.

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Rukbat, thank you, but only 1 of the pictures had even been sent to him by text. The other 3 were through facebook messenger to someone not known by him or family but are now showing up in his FB messenger. The one that was texted to him through text shows up in his camera with the current time and date as though he had just taken the picture and he deleted it shortly after I had sent it originally. That was almost a yr ago. He deleted it last thursday the 1st time it happened, then he received it again this past friday. Thats also the times he received the 3 messenger pics, also in his fb pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress