Why won't my S4 turn on after charging it?

tjmm96

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Won't turn on after charging

Hey guys,
I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 today and I plugged it into charge, and when I unplugged it, it wouldn't turn on at all, like it had frozen or something. It must have turned off/frozen when charging and is brand new so I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
I tried different plugs, but they're all the same effect. I tried charging it on my computer (PC) which did work though. I also tried restarting it and turning it on and off manually to see if the problem still occurred, which it didn't.
I deduced that it is a problem when the phone is charging. Any ideas how to fix this problem? I'd rather not only charge my new phone through the computer all the time.
Cheers!

pragmaticguy

Banned
Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Won't turn on after charging

I too happen to have the same problem. My phone won't charge at all into different plugs and only through pc or through my laptop. I've realized it's the charger that isn't working so I purchase another charger and it did work, also try to check ports on your phone. Hope this helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Won't turn on after charging

If it's brand new, bring it back and ask for a replacement. You've already spent more time than you should on a new device (or any kind - phone, TV, toaster) that breaks the first day, just by posting the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith