Why is my S4 shutting its self off?

A

AC Question

S4 Shuts off until battery pull

I have an S4, brand new in November 2014. Twice so far, it's happened where my phone had turned itself off while I sleep and won't turn on with the power button until I pull the battery and put it back in. Both times the phone had been charging and turned back on at 100%. And both times I've woken up late due to missing my alarm. This is my only phone in the house and am afraid of this happening in case there's an emergency and someone is trying to phone me. Any idea why this happens?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 Shuts off until battery pull

Welcome to Android Central! It could be an app you installed that's causing the problem, although it can be tough to pinpoint. Try booting into Safe Mode before going to sleep, and then see if it happens again overnight. If it consistently doesn't happen in Safe Mode, then it's probably due to a 3rd party app. But in order to definitively solve the problem, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the issue goes away.

Safe Mode steps are at the bottom of this link: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX