Why isn't my device update installing?

A

AC Question

why isnt my device update installing?

Hello, I have a galaxy s4 and having a problem with the update for the device. The AT&T update will download fully but when it turns off to install it, it will start then say updates failed. When the phone turns back on, it will say the installment was interrupted. What should I do? I think it has to be updated because apps are starting to run slow and act up like not liking to open or having to be closed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why isnt my device update installing?

Has the phone ever been rooted? If so, the update should fail. (Updating a phone that's been rooted - even if it no longer is - can brick the phone.)

If not, and it's still under warranty, just (after backing everything up - see Backing up an Android Phone) walk it into an AT&T Device Support Center. (Ask your local store where the nearest one is.) They'll flash the update or replace the phone.

If it's not under warranty, look in the AT&T S4 forums on XDA Forums for a stock ROM for your model phone, or look on SamMobile Firmwares. Then read [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN, flash the ROM and let the phone update when it wants to. (Flashing a ROM will wipe out all your data, downloaded apps, etc, so back up.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae