How do I get more used to my Galaxy S4?

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
How do I get more used to my Galaxy S4

I've been a long time Apple user and Android is very confusing for me.

The biggest problem is the music. Now I know, Galaxies weren't made for music like iPod touches. But I don't know if I can make a playlist as easy as I could on iPod. Another thing is I tried buying a song today using Google Play but it wouldn't show up in my regular Music app. So I feel like I still have to buy from iTunes and sync everytime I get a new song which is really annoying.

My YouTube app, when I go to the search bar, has every single thing I searched from the time I first got the phone in the suggestions. I have no idea how to get rid of that, the files on Android is very confusing for me.

Also, how can I make it so my phone doesn't vibrate/sound when I get specific notifications?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I get more used to my Galaxy S4

But I don't know if I can make a playlist as easy as I could on iPod.
That's the nice thing about Android - there's probably an app (or a few dozen apps) that will do it.

Another thing is I tried buying a song today using Google Play but it wouldn't show up in my regular Music app.
It shows up in the Google Play app. DRM music can't be handled like "just an mp3 file". You can't copy it, you can't back it up and you can't play it in a player that's not designed to play it.

So I feel like I still have to buy from iTunes and sync everytime I get a new song which is really annoying.
If the song you buy from iTunes isn't DRM-protected. If it is, you won't be able to move it to your Android phone.

My YouTube app, when I go to the search bar, has every single thing I searched from the time I first got the phone in the suggestions. I have no idea how to get rid of that, the files on Android is very confusing for me.
Use your browser to go to Youtube, the same way you would with a computer.

Also, how can I make it so my phone doesn't vibrate/sound when I get specific notifications?
Go to that app's Settings and turn off vibration for that app's notifications.

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I get more used to my Galaxy S4

I'm still confused on how to turn off sound notifications for specific apps. I want to do this for my FOX News app, I want to get notified on events but I don't want to get a sound for a small news story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret