Virus?

KaBay

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been lurking on this forum for more than a year and have always been lucky enough to find answers to my questions in the posts of others until today.
I really do think I may have a virus, as this resembles some that I've seen on computers where you click 'OK' and it installs a virus and then directs you to a vendor who charges you for the antivirus to remove it. I restarted my phone and cleared all the internet data and cache but the popup keeps coming back. I use AVG, and ran a scan and it says no viruses were found. The AVG scan indicated that all of my apps are safe, files are virus free and settings are secure. I'm not convinced. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-23-23-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-23-23-07.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 13

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
agree, probably not a virus. Adware, malware,crapware (take your choice) is becoming a very bad problem. Usually caused when downloading an app. I would suggest that you start uninstalling apps 1 at a time from the time this problem started. If that corrects the problem, you should know what app is bad & caused the problem. If that does not work, them I would suggest you download & run malwarebytes (is free & I think very good)