Low speaker volume afer Lollipop upgrade....

cattmint

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
After upgrade to Lollipop yesterday, I can hardly hear notifications, alarms or ringtone - it's all VERY low. Have increased all volume levels including System to full but still no change. Have tried also Adapt Sound to maximum but volume still low and not increasing. What's going on? BTW my wife's Samsung S4 upgraded with no problems and her volume is fine. grrrrrrr Pleeeeeease help if you can.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
After upgrade to Lollipop yesterday, I can hardly hear notifications, alarms or ringtone - it's all VERY low. Have increased all volume levels including System to full but still no change. Have tried also Adapt Sound to maximum but volume still low and not increasing. What's going on? BTW my wife's Samsung S4 upgraded with no problems and her volume is fine. grrrrrrr Pleeeeeease help if you can.
Hhmm I bet that's annoying you , well first of all go on google and check the forums on different sites to see if everyone else is having the same problem if you seem to be the only one then you could try what I did , I had a song that I absolutely love ( wax fang - majestic ) its the best song ever lol but on my HTC one sv it wasn't loud enough so I went on the internet and and downloaded some software called audio editor pro I urm found the license key , anyway this software boosts your audio by 300% so I put the song on my PC then edited it and put it back in my ringtones folder , keep that in mind that even if your volume isn't loud you can make it loud by using different methods so don't give up....

Sent from my Nexus 7

cattmint

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Low speaker volume after Lollipop upgrade....

Thanks for comments. Have checked the forums and since mid-Feb, loads of problems with Lollipop upgrade including low speaker volume.... unfortunately no solutions to volume without rooting device..... this is definitely a Lollipop upgrade issue and I'm looking for a fix to this without having to bugger around trying to bypass it.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for comments. Have checked the forums and since mid-Feb, loads of problems with Lollipop upgrade including low speaker volume.... unfortunately no solutions to volume without rooting device..... this is definitely a Lollipop upgrade issue and I'm looking for a fix to this without having to bugger around trying to bypass it.
Okay good luck..

Sent from my Nexus 7

PinkTeddy

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue...try raising the volume from low to high on both the main setting and also using the button on the side of the phone. Some have reported this works, but I had to restart my phone and then got my full volume back. Give it a go....I was about to revert back to Kitkat had this not worked as it was a pretty big decrease in volume!!

Tasha Gonzales

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, but only when I place a call on speaker. The volume comes through so low that I may as well not have them on speaker. All notifications, apps, music and such are coming through loud and clear...this is very frustrating!

Posted via the Android Central App

cyberpit 95

May 24, 2015
Visit site
mp3louder(search it on google) worked perfectly for me, browse the mp3 file u want to use as ringtone and select a volume boost level (I used high boost level x8)
!! DONT SELECT THE LAST CHOICE !!

Alice375

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problem with my Xperia Z3 since the new upgrade not only I can't hear my phone ring my text messages or my speaker I also lost my battery life and I have to be recharging my phone constantly. Some time it won't ring. I spoke to my phone carrier and they don't have no solution. I am not happy with the new upgrade I think is buggy and it should off been optional not even factory reset can't ge rid of the upgrade. Now I'm stuck with an useless phone and nobody wants to take responsibility for replacement . Very unhappy with this issue.

Patrik Svanda

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with galaxy s4. Everything worked fine before the upgrade to lollipop. I download volume locker on google play so that helps a lot. Had many missed calls before, because of volume problem.

Deli guy

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem too. Tried all the suggestions on this page, none worked. Talked with a helpful tech at Verizon and she suggested taking out the memory card and rebooting without it. Volume was back to normal! Shut down phone, reinserted memory card, and volume is still normal. I don't have an explanation, but this solved the problem

rocketcat14

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Just got also the same problem with sound level after 5.0.1 update.

I shutted phone down, took out the battery and cleaned the speaker on back which was covered with dust. Booted it, sound levels seem to be normal...

Maybe this is because dirty speaker - or that have not factory resetted after 5.0 update: I had no problems with speaker levels on my other SGS4 which I have factory resetted after updating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Craig Bryant

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 has been acting really weird since I upgraded to lollipop. The ringtone volume keeps setting itself to low despite me setting to max in settings and using the volume keys, but I also get a sort of high pitch squealing noise when I'm receiving an incoming call before the ringtone starts, and the ringtone is then really quiet for a couple of seconds then jumps up to full volume ! Not only that but whilst I'm on a call it randomly opens other screens such as connectivity or turns on bluetooth....just real weird random stuff. The phone is in a case, its not got wet or dropped so I really have no idea what's going on. Other than a factory reset, which I doubt would help, I don't know what to do.

Dice_Collector

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I ... like Deli Guy ... was able to increase my volume following the card removal / reboot method

I am not 100% sure it is back to its Kit Kat level ... but it is noticeably louder

This is on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (for Google search)

Raj143

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with an asus phonepad tab,after updating to lallpop I am getting disturbances in voice call while using Skype or whatsapp. Can you please help us anybody to resolve the problem

kaz101

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Deli guy - that's worked for my Samsung S4. I'll see if it lasts. Like others I've been missing calls saying I was right here how could I not have heard it!

Zappa57

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
My S4 has also been upgraded to Lollipop. Since then I get the volume suddenly reduce to zero. I can turn it back up, but it will keep doing it. Sometimes in less than a minute, sometimes as long as 15 minutes.
I have tried a reboot and get the 'nanny state' message that the volume is too high, which I ok, leave it, I'm a big boy now. That will let the volume stay up for longer, but eventually it will suddenly drop to zero.
I have also at times found the volume at zero, even though I have not been listening to anything. Usually I find this after wondering why I'm getting text messages about missed calls.
To say this is irritating is an understatement.

I have just tried the removing the sd card trick and will report back if it worked.