Galaxy s4 won't charge or connect via USB to PC???

Celestial Bean

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
As of yesterday my Galaxy s4 won't connect or charge when plugged into my PC. Instead, the phone makes the default connected sound then a red light starts flashing on the phone as well as the battery icon. I've tried several cords and restarted both devices with the same result. Wall chargers work with the phone so I don't think it's the port. If I leave the phone connected to the PC long enough it eventually connects.

What is happening here????

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
As of yesterday my Galaxy s4 won't connect or charge when plugged into my PC. Instead, the phone makes the default connected sound then a red light starts flashing on the phone as well as the battery icon. I've tried several cords and restarted both devices with the same result. Wall chargers work with the phone so I don't think it's the port. If I leave the phone connected to the PC long enough it eventually connects.

What is happening here????

Are you using the same USB port each time you use a different cord? Have you tried another PC and or another USB port on the PC?

Celestial Bean

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have not tried any other device since this started happening. It's working right now and I don't want to mess with it if nothing is wrong since I'm tethering my phone for internet.

If it is the port, would this explain the weird reaction on my phone? (Flashing red light on face of phone and flashing battery icon)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it is the port, would this explain the weird reaction on my phone?
It would be just about 100% certain. (And it would be expensive to repair on a laptop.)

If that's the case, use the wall charger to charge, and an app like Bluetooth File Transfer or WiFi File Transfer to copy files to and from the phone. If you don't need the USB connection for anything else, don't waste money getting it repaired.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It would be just about 100% certain. (And it would be expensive to repair on a laptop.)

If that's the case, use the wall charger to charge, and an app like Bluetooth File Transfer or WiFi File Transfer to copy files to and from the phone. If you don't need the USB connection for anything else, don't waste money getting it repaired.

I agree, you would be better off just buying a new laptop with the cost of repairs for laptops now a days and laptops being so cheap now.

dreamwork1511

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with her laptop, it's the samsung that's making problems. My sister and I have both same samsung galaxy 4 and mine works perfectly, but hers won't plug in on both laptops - it just can't be recognized by any of computers we tried, and before you say so, yes, we tried switching usb cables. It is just that it won't work, and mine does. So what's the solution??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae