How can I get my Verizon Galaxy S4 to work in the Bahamas?

xirt

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
verizon Galaxy S4 in Bahamas

I have a full price Verizon Galaxy S4 smartphone (kitkat 4.4 545) and an unlimited data plan. Verizon will allow me to suspend it up to 90 days with no change to the plan.
Going to Bahamas. BTC is GSM. I dont need phone, data only. BTC has 3g data plans.

What do I need to do to make the BTC GSM card work on my verizon S4 phone?
AND, how do I switch back to verizon when I return to USA?

Thnx

X

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: verizon Galaxy S4 in Bahamas

Make sure the phone is SIM-unlocked. Find someone with a phone with the same size SIM card and put it into your phone. If it asks for an unlock code, bring the phone to Verizon and tell them that you're going overseas (it's a small part of a sea, but it's still overseas) and you need the phone unlocked. They'll unlock it for going overseas even if you're still paying for it.

If the card goes in without asking for an unlock code (it may not connect to the network because the frequencies the SIM card's network uses aren't in that model S4), it's unlocked. It should work with BTC, since they use 700MHz LTE, which the phone has. As far as getting a data only plan, that's up to what BTC does - they may require voice/text also. But the phone should work regardless, as long as it's unlocked. (Most Verizon phones aren't locked out of the box, but make sure yours is - try an AT&T or TMobile SIM to be sure.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith