Why won't my Samsung S4 turn on?

A

AC Question

My Samsung S4 won't turn on

So my phone died at the end of the night like every other night and I plugged it in to charge and the battery logo came up. It stopped loading halfway through and is just stuck there. If I unplug my charger then the battery goes black. If I press the power button or the three button reset then the Samsung Logo comes up but that's it. I've tried to take the battery and sd card out and blow everything out with air but it still won't budge. Please help, I really don't want to have to reset it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you've been routinely discharging the battery until the phone powers off or switches off, before recharging, you will probably have damaged the battery. Try a new one. If that fixes it, read Rukbat's guide on how to care for phone batteries....especially, the importance of not routinely discharging much lower than 40-50% before recharging.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...e-care-feeding-lithium-polymer-batteries.html

Posted via the Android Central App

ckkhoo

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Samsung S4 won't turn on

So my phone died at the end of the night like every other night and I plugged it in to charge and the battery logo came up. It stopped loading halfway through and is just stuck there. If I unplug my charger then the battery goes black. If I press the power button or the three button reset then the Samsung Logo comes up but that's it. I've tried to take the battery and sd card out and blow everything out with air but it still won't budge. Please help, I really don't want to have to reset it.

I suspect it might be the power button switch from the symptom you explained. The power button is stuck causing it to turn on when u depressed, but since it's stucked at depressed, the phone decided to shut down after that.

Check out the instructions in the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_6fwzuIwA

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234