Is there any way to get a free unlock code for my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

is there any way free unlock code for my vzw samsung galaxy s4

I bought a phone off ebay they said its was unlocked they lied and i wanna get it unlocked with out having to pay another 60 or 70 bucks is there anyway i can get free unlock codes??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there any way free unlock code for my vzw samsung galaxy s4

If it's on a currently active Verizon account, they're required by law to get the unlock code for you. If not, you'll have to pay someone for the code, or complain to eBay that the item you bid on was misrepresented (and get your money back).

But how did you determine that it's locked? About the only way to do that would be to put in an AT&T or TMobile SIM card and be asked for an unlock code. If you put the card in and you're not asked for the code, the phone isn't locked. (Not connecting to another carrier's towers has nothing to do with being locked - the lock affects only whether you're asked for an unlock code when you put a "foreign" SIM card into the phone.)

Tim-ANC

Trusted Member
Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
What is a reliable third party service to use? We are going over seas for a year and I need to get my wife's AT&T S4 unlocked. It has 6 months left on contract and AT&T won't unlock it.

Tim-ANC

Trusted Member
Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Regrettable, they couldn't do it but thanks for the referral. Response from them:

"Sorry I have been unable to generate the correct unlock code for your mobile. There are so many mobile out there sometimes the firmware on certain versions mean I can't generate the code.

I have sent your details over the accounts team who will send you a refund. Although normally quicker please allow up to 7 days for the refund to get back into your account.

Once again I apologise for not being able to get the correct code for your mobile. Your only option may be your network operator or a local shop who can unlock via a cable."

Good outfit though. Got to work on it right away. No hassle refund. Price was $6.29 USD