What is the best browser for the Galaxy S4?

Deep Sparkle

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
what browser best for Galaxy S4?

I hate having to give all permission to control my phone, camera, etc to chrome - are there any less intrusive?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: what browser best for Galaxy S4?

I hate having to give all permission to control my phone, camera, etc to chrome - are there any less intrusive?

They are all about the same. Those permissions are there in case you want to share a picture using chrome, and so on and so forth.

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Related but a little off topic. If you're rooted try app ops starter. Firefox add-ons like 'ghostery, self destructing cookies' eliminate cookies and trackers. These can be a major privacy problem.
You need to grant or allow permissions for certain features

Deep Sparkle

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

[Sorry to ask & then be late to reply; never really got on forums before &am just learning how to use it. and remember that people will actually help!

Deep Sparkle

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

As I told the 1st person, I really appreciate your help, & sorry to be late! I'miss pretty much a total newbie here!

AndroidEighteen

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm pretty new to owning and using a smartphone, just putting that out there. I've been anti-chrome for awhile regarding PC so i got my Gs4 and installed firefox and it runs pretty darn well. It isn't perfect. Sometimes you have to click a thing a few times for it to open it. on facebook's mobile site sometimes when i click a textbox to comment it doesn't display my text correctly, sometimes not at all. little things like that. A few crashes here and there but only a few so far. It feels and looks pretty smooth. If it's been running for awhile, you want to close it up and restart it. I've had a kindle fire for awhile prior to my Gs4. On the kindle, i absolutely hated the Silk browser it felt like carrying around a bag full of cinderblocks so i found a way to install Firefox on it. Huge improvement on that device though doesn't play as well on KFHD as much as the Gs4.

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes the cache on certain apps (browser) can become quite large depending on browsing habits.
Just clear the cache of the app. This usually takes care of lag.
My personal experience is to clean my screen if I'm having to constantly tap an app to get it to open.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Firefox and Boat browser have worked well for me. The newest Firefox seems to work better than others I have tried and it is free! Different browsers take a learning curve to use them well. Any browser is going to have to have permissions for access to most everything on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463