My Lollipop Lock screen has additional options grayed out. How can I make it so I can check the boxes?

A

AC Question

Lollipop Lock screen additional options greyed out

Orange / EE have upgraded my Galaxy S4 firmware this week. I have noticed on the lockscreen that there is some sort of weather displayed on it. I have no idea where this has come from and I only have the BBC app on my phone. I have seen that you need to go to Settings/ My Device/ Lockscreen/ Additional Information . On my screen it is on, greyed out and there is no check box to turn it off.

The phone isn't rooted and I don't wish to do so as it will affect some of my banking apps. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

Mark

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lollipop Lock screen additional options greyed out

Orange / EE have upgraded my Galaxy S4 firmware this week. I have noticed on the lockscreen that there is some sort of weather displayed on it. I have no idea where this has come from and I only have the BBC app on my phone. I have seen that you need to go to Settings/ My Device/ Lockscreen/ Additional Information . On my screen it is on, greyed out and there is no check box to turn it off.

The phone isn't rooted and I don't wish to do so as it will affect some of my banking apps. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

Mark

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try booting in to recovery and clearing out your partition cache to see if that fixes it. The instructions below should work for your phone.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11712