My Galaxy S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds. Why is this?

bsnpr8

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds

My Galaxy S4 turned off randomly. I attempted turning it back on via the power button and it would not respond. Then I tried taking out the battery and replacing it, the device vibrates with the Galaxy S4 logo showing up for about a couple seconds, then the screen goes blank again. I even tried placing a battery from a different S4 - still doesn't work. I tried opening the devise verifying the power button and it seems to be fine (but not sure). I tried hitting the power button on a flat surface a couple of times which in fact fixed the problem but then the issue proceeded to re-occur again.
I am stuck and need help ASAP. The phone has not warranty and I have 8 months of contract to go. Please assist. I would really appreciate it.
Phone model: SGH-I337M
Anybody know what's wrong with my device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds

Considering that hitting the power button on something seemed to fix it temporarily, I'd suspect some loose connection somewhere. Regardless of the root cause, you're probably going to have to bring the phone to a local repair shop to diagnose it. The cost of repair could vary widely, depending on the problem.

7zero

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 won't turn on unless replacing battery, then turns off after two seconds

Greetings. I had the same problem with my GS4. Here's a link to a thread that really helped me out diagnosing the problem.

Ultimately, I determined my power button was faulty and will be replacing it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413057

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

mcluvin737

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Mine had this happen today. Power button is bad. That's why it only boots for two seconds, because it is as if you tried to reboot, while holding in b the power button. Google how to fix galaxy s3 power button easily Video. Installed button savior app in lieu of physical power button. Back in business now. Good luck.

ckkhoo

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

Mine had this happen today. Power button is bad. That's why it only boots for two seconds, because it is as if you tried to reboot, while holding in b the power button. Google how to fix galaxy s3 power button easily Video. Installed button savior app in lieu of physical power button. Back in business now. Good luck.

Here's the link for a quick trouble shoot and repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_6fwzuIwA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz