s4 i9500 comes up with Backup account needed and Sim not detected, restarting

SB2020

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a S4 i9500 4G 16gb Unlocked, I got it off ebay for $350. Turns out it was from China. I am a broke student, and needed a new phone to assist with university. so I didn't and still don't have a choice.
Anyway, since I got it, it has been coming up with two major problems. The first is it will come up with "Sim card not detected, device will now restart" which is pretty serious, and the retailer suggested I upgrade my sim from 3G to a 4G. They said their advertisement clearly stated that the phone was not intended for 3G sim cards. I thought that was weird. So, I upgraded to a $2 dollar 4G sim card and put $10 credit on it to test, and the phone worked for a few days. It came up with the Restart problem today, a few hours after the second problem, which I will describe shortly, returned.

The second problem is very annoying, and could potentially leave me stranded if I ran out of Data in Australia (where there is limited free WIFI). What happens is, I normally have about 16 contacts on my Sim card, and another 85 on my Google account, so my Google account and internet is my main way of keeping in contact with the outside world, the Google Backup Account somehow "gets lost", and the device comes up with a notification that says, "Backup account required".

Sure, it is simple enough to re-sign in - several times, on every single app/email/account that requires it - and allow everything to sync, but this takes 7-10minutes to do and I don't have the time nor the data for this to happen every day.

I am wondering if anyone can help me find a resolution before I have to send it back to the retailer, as I will be without a phone for at least three weeks if this happens. This goes without saying that it will be a difficult three weeks.
Both issues seem to be random, however, the Backup account error today, seems to have happened immediately after I turned on WIFI.
I then did a factory reset, my 5th or 6th in three weeks, and after it had cleared and I selected the language etc, I put the phone down and got something to eat. I returned 15 minutes later and the Sim card problem had resurfaced, I had installed no Apps or changed any settings or even touched the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

SB2020

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
GT-I9500
andriod version 4.3

AP:i9500zsuemj6
CP:i9500zsuemj6
CSC:i9500zsuemj6

My 4G simcard is with OPTUS AU, and my 3G is with VODAFONE AU.
It is not rooted, nor running a custom ROM as far as I can tell. I am not a techy person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463