Why aren't my Galaxy S4 notification sounds changing?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Lollipop: Notification sound not changing

After installing the Lollipop OTA update, I did a hard reset. I changed the notification sound from the whistle sound to another one called Argon. The notification is saved because when I look at the notification sound setting it says Argon.

But when I get an email, in gmail or the email client, it's the whistling sound. So I went to check in the apps settings and it says Default Sound (Argon).

This is an annoying bug. Does anyone know a workaround or even a way to solve it altogether?

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Lollipop: Notification sound not changing

When you go to the app's settings and look at the notification tone selection, what happens if you physically select Argon again (instead of leaving it as Default)?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

When you go to the app's settings and look at the notification tone selection, what happens if you physically select Argon again (instead of leaving it as Default)?

It's only those on my SD it seems. Weird!

I moved them to the internal memory and it worked. Then back to the SD card, not working again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try a different SD card. Maybe that one is getting corrupt.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

No that didn't change anything. I also tried with the same card after formatting. No matter what I do, the notifications on my SD card don't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm used to having custom notification tones in the Notifications directory on Internal Storage (/storage/sdcard0/Notifications). Try moving the tones there.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

That'll have to do for now then. It's a shame because it worked perfectly well before.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan