Lock at startup only?

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there a setting which would prompt for the screen password when the phone is turned on, but not after that?

I use my phone relatively infrequently, and when I applied a pin code (or whatever it was called), I ended up having to enter my ID every time I used the phone, and that got very tiresome. So, I ended up with no security at all, which is probably the worst option (but the only one that fits my usage pattern)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can... I believe you can use Tasker or any other task automation app to disable the secure lockscreen once your phone boots, but the problem is that the task would keep that disabled since it has no way of knowing when you're gonna turn off the phone. You might be able to set it to activate the lockscreen again every X hours, maybe.

Another option is to set 'trusted places' if you have the Lollipop update (and if not, there are apps in the Play Store that let you do this). Basically you set places where you 'trust' you don't need the lockscreen, like near your home WiFi or at work.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the pointer to "Trusted Places". I wouldn't have found that on my own, as the path via "Trust Agents" wouldn't have caught my attention.

I was surprised that I couldn't add my router as a trusted device, via the encrypted WiFi. And trying to add my voice failed because England appears not to be a place where English is a recognised language. I certainly agree that's true in places; just not where I live!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12