Core features missing from Lollipop update?

Shawn Wayne

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I was reading about the new features that Android Lollipop would include and now that I've had 5.0.1 on my AT&T S4 for about a week now, I've noticed that a lot of these features are not present. Specifically, User mode, app pinning, some of the quick settings in the notification shade are missing (no shortcut to flashlight, no user switching, no battery percentage. Also, the Android battery saver mode is missing from settings. The Samsung battery saver mode is there though.

I'd love to have multiple user support and/or app pinning so I can let my kid play with my phone without worrying about him messing with things. Is Samsung just intentionally screwing us by leaving these features absent? Or am I missing something? Anyone else notice this?

Coach TJ Matos

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I noticed hat several of the volume options are no longer available as well. But the one thing so far that bothers me is the caller announce feature. Along with my ring tone my calls would also be announced by a voice that says "incoming call from ..." . I liked that. I Want that back. Otherwise what I have noticed is that the device heats up when being charged by the micro USB charger but not the usb3. It also charges slower and drains faster. I love the new layout but some of the other core features just need to be put back.

I was reading about the new features that Android Lollipop would include and now that I've had 5.0.1 on my AT&T S4 for about a week now, I've noticed that a lot of these features are not present. Specifically, User mode, app pinning, some of the quick settings in the notification shade are missing (no shortcut to flashlight, no user switching, no battery percentage. Also, the Android battery saver mode is missing from settings. The Samsung battery saver mode is there though.

I'd love to have multiple user support and/or app pinning so I can let my kid play with my phone without worrying about him messing with things. Is Samsung just intentionally screwing us by leaving these features absent? Or am I missing something? Anyone else notice this?