Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Lollipop NOW!

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was at work when the update was finally available. Did part 1, reboot. (took about 30 minutes).

Downloaded part 2 and phone kept prompting me to free up space for the install.

Finally cleared the cache (my fault) and that cleared up 2 GB and the install began.

It all went pretty smooth including updating 177 apps. I didn't realize/notice I had this many apps!!!

Google services froze 4 times before finally installing.

So far so good. I am thinking of doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one just to make sure its a smooth transition.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My daughter and my husband's phone both updated early this morning. No issues except that my daughter had to delete a bunch of stuff. She just got the phone a year ago and yet she had no memory left! But interestingly enough both S4's updated pretty quickly and didn't heat up like my note 4 did a few weeks back!

Posted via the Android Central App

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I was at work when the update was finally available. Did part 1, reboot. (took about 30 minutes).

Downloaded part 2 and phone kept prompting me to free up space for the install.

Finally cleared the cache (my fault) and that cleared up 2 GB and the install began.

It all went pretty smooth including updating 177 apps. I didn't realize/notice I had this many apps!!!

Google services froze 4 times before finally installing.

So far so good. I am thinking of doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one just to make sure its a smooth transition.

How would one factory reset to lollipop? That sounds like a good idea.