Muting from lock screen with Lollipop?

Hastor

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So I just got the Lollipop update today. Before, I could hold down the lock button, even when my phone was locked, and get a few options, including mute/vibrate/sound. Now when I do this, I only get Power off/Restart/Airplane mode. I typically need to change from sound to vibrate to mute throughout my day as I go through different areas, some noisy enough to hear my ringer, others like meetings where it needs to be completely silent. It is really a pain to unlock it to switch between the three. How do I get this option back, and get the ability to change between these three settings without having to unlock my phone and swipe or press the volume down key a bunch of times?
I'll use a 3rd party app if I need to, but haven't found one that wasn't overly complicated and caused other issues, or only offered mute/sound with no vibrate option etc.

sgiesew

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
There is an app called Lollipop QuickSilentKey which allows you to mute/unmute the phone by long pressing the volume keys - also in the lockscreen. And perfect for you, it has a setting which also allows you to switch between mute/vibrate/sound in this way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol