LollyPop IS UGLY. Verizon Update to 5,0

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to LOLLYPOP last night om my Verizon S-4 Phone, Email, Contacts keyboard and Message screen are plain and ugly. Strange color combinations and I have found no way to change them. I see no "themes" in the settings menu either! Definitely do not like the onscreen keyboard.

The upgrade was in two parts and went seamlessly, took about 30 minutes. It did not change anything on my phone except some of the Apps screens that I can tell so far!

I like to have the Number row an my keyboard. Anyone recommend a different keyboard that has the Numbers row?

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Notifications are TEAL ! ! !
Who the heck thought that was a good idea ? ! ?

Overall I HATE the look of the update.

Highlander53

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid you're right. Big disappointment, I was so looking forward to some real improvements but so far nothing but the inexplicable 'themes'. At least there is no new battery drain, and it remains stable up to this point.

Newsteel

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Tooootally agree. Ugly as hell. Girls like it tho(my wife said so).
IF ..and that is a big if..it is stable and actually brings something new to the table. ..there's always root and a little app called Holo Themer...works in kitkat. Not sure if it does in Lollipoop.
As for me...I'll wait to upgrade till they give theme options. Hopefully 5.1 will.

Do you hear me Google? ?!! 😠

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Not trolling! Okay I understand people being upset about the notification theme color, but really how much time do you spend in the notification pull down?
Status bar, simply hide it.
Notification for phone, missed calls, texts: download a app to customize.
First shot is lockscreen. Second shot is home screen. Please note on home screen almost all of my daily use of short cuts are there (many more inside of weather app). Other than pausing 'gravity screen' I'm not worring about notifications since I tend to disable alot of them. It keeps my phone from bothering me about B.S.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-01-07-49-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-07-49-46.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2015-05-01-06-19-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-06-19-26.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 41

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it's great. 4.4.whatever on my S4 just looked so old and ugly. Black and clunky and boring. And ugly.

Now it's fresh and cleaner. Sure, I don't care for the teal color that much. That is very minor. I like the notifications and the overall look and feel. And the animations. Much better than the rigid, cold, dark crap from before.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have found the upgrade to 5.0 to be very stable! I have not had to do a restart since it was installed and so far have found no app problems. The developers did a great job making the transaction smooth!

androidsamurai

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the dissapointments about the pastel color scheme..

On another note; The S4 after the OC1 update is VERY snappy and responds VERY quickly.

I'm using my VZW GS4 on T-Mobile and my only problem is text/MMS messages not sending. Still getting 4G LTE, so no complaints there.

Overall it's a nice update and I'm glad to have a more responsive handset.

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just took the update on non rooted phone. Now I get it. To many colors for to many apps. Friggin phone looks like a circus.
Leaving the other gs4 (rooted) on kit kat. Time to root this one.
Is this how Google employees justify their pay check? Spend your time on spec improvements, not on fluff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech