How do we turn off persistent notifications on Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

how do we turn off persistent notifications on Samsung Galaxy s4?

my boyfriend has a samsung galaxy s4 with the new lollipop update 5.0.1. ever since he updated every notification he get beeps every 30 seconds till he clears it and we dont know how to turn it off. it is very anoying and we need help can someone tell us how to turn it back to the way it was before? We have tried everything and I have been on google for the past 4 days looking to turn it off and I can't find anything plz help or he's gonna break his phone

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do we turn off persistent notifications on Samsung Galaxy s4?

Maybe he activated the Notification Reminder in his Accessibility Settings (it should be under the Vision segment). Or maybe a 3rd party app that he installed that does that?

The system, by default, doesn't remind you of notifications at certain intervals.

Debde

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
I saw the question today as I was facing the same problem. I have figured out the solution and hope it helps.
(1). Click 'Settings'.
(2). Click 'Devices'.
(3). Click 'Sounds and Notifications'.
(4). Scroll down to the Notification portion on the above page.
(5). You will now find four options of which one is 'Application Notification'.
(6). Select 'Application Notification'.
(7). One by one which ever application sends you bothersome and unnecessary notifications, you may click on that application and choose to switch off the notification.
(8). Remember phone manufacturer's standard apps (which however irrelevant they might be), are not given the option to switch off the notification. The only way is to make them inactive by Force Stop on that application.
Hope the above helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay