After the Android update I cannot access the Jorte calendar. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

after android update i cannot access jorte calendar. How can i fix it?

Today my samsung galaxy s4 prompted me to update the android software. Since the upgrade, I have not been able to open my Jorte calendar. An error message pops on the screen for a millisecond and then is covered by a Jorte stopped message. Please help.

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: after android update i cannot access jorte calendar. How can i fix it?

There has been an issue with the S4's recent transition to the newest firmware update. The good news is that this can be fixed and you can still be running the newest firmware; however, I would first like you to back-up your files and apps if you have not done so already. I will post the rest of the walkthrough in another post immediately following this one!

~~Learning is a never ending adventure~~

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, since you are only experiencing issues with a single app, I want you to try to clear the apps cache before we resort to the more time consuming fix (Which. You will do this by accessing your device's SYSTEM SETTINGS, APPS, scroll down until you see the App that you are experiencing issues with and press the App icon and then if the App is currently running you will be able to hit the FORCE STOP button if It is visible. After that you can hit the Clear Cache button. I would go ahead and restart your phone by completely powering it off and back on. If you are still having the issues, we will then need to backup the phone and proceed to my next post.

Last edited:

Effie Petrie

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. Clearing the cache didn't work, so I'm going to try and back up my phone.

Effie Petrie

May 7, 2015
Visit site

app data is backing up now. One question for you. Will your fix restore my Jorte data or just the app? I really need all the data stored on it.

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site

As long as you backed up all your Apps, the Data should be back up as well.

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Turn your phone off. At the same time press your power, home and volume up buttons and hold them until you see the Android symbol.

You will then see the android boot menu. Using the volume up and down buttons move down to select WIPE DATA/FACTORY DATA RESET and use the power button to select. You should plug your phone in to ensure steady power during the reset.

Once reset is complete you need to immediately go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, SYSTEM UPDATE.

You can verify that your device is up too date by SYSTEM SETTINGS, ABOUT PHONE, ANDROID VERSION.

Once phone firmware is updated , you can then restore your apps and files from your backup instance that you created earlier. You should be set after that
1949.jpg

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Boot menu

Attachments

• 1950.jpg
    1950.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro