Why won't my S4 charge properly?

A

AC Question

HELP!!!!!!

I took my Galaxy 4S into a Sprint store to find out why the battery wouldn't stay charged the rep fiddled with it before telling me they could flash it? I am pretty low tech and apparently I would need to back up photos on a sim card which I didn't want to pay $50-$100 for. Went to work out for an hour and half leaving my phone plugged in the locker room to charge. I came back to some weird error message about do not turn off target downloading. I removed the battery and now the screen is black and occasionally vibrates for no apparent reason.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!!!

This is before they flashed it?

Vibration usually indicates a wet phone. A locker room is no environment for a phone. The humidity is so high that you probably got a lot of condensation inside the phone, which is the same as water damage from dropping it into a puddle. You can try washing it out - see Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! - but a few hours is normally enough to start enough damage to eventually result in an unrepairable phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!!!

I took my Galaxy 4S into a Sprint store to find out why the battery wouldn't stay charged the rep fiddled with it before telling me they could flash it? I am pretty low tech and apparently I would need to back up photos on a sim card which I didn't want to pay $50-$100 for. Went to work out for an hour and half leaving my phone plugged in the locker room to charge. I came back to some weird error message about do not turn off target downloading. I removed the battery and now the screen is black and occasionally vibrates for no apparent reason.

Back them up on an SD card and you can get one on Amazon for a good price.

The other issue, I don't know about, I keep all pics and see apps on my SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36