Any problems updating to Lollipop?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Running a refurbished under Verizon warranty S4 with Android 4.4.2. Received it in January and it's been a good performing smartphone. Have been wanting to replace with S6 under my UDP but am waiting for another model phone with better battery life.

This morning received notification of Lollipop 5.0 waiting to install. I deferred based on past history with less than stellar updates on Galaxy phones.

Called VZ tech support, got an advanced tech on the line and his words to me were... WAIT UNTIL SECOND UPDATE BECOMES AVAILABLE. IF YOU CAN KEEP DEFERRING ALL UPDATES AND CONTINUE TO RUN KITKAT.

Anyone have problems with Lollipop update? Or... have you had complete success?

The S4 is my business phone with POP emails, no FB, no Instagram or Twitter and few apps. The phone is for communication and Internet.

Your experiences with Lollipop?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If I were still on my S4 I would stay on KitKat. Too many features I used are gone or modified so severely that they are very difficult to use.
The worst two are no lock screen widgets and very difficult to use silent mode. I hate lollipop.
Forced to use it on my Nexus 6.

Easyclass

May 7, 2015
Visit site
The upgrade went without a hitch. After the upgrade the phone restarted and has worked great since then! There is very little changes as far as home screen and your phone settings, ringtones etc. the biggest visible changes in in the appearance of the phone, mail, text, notifications and settings screens. The choice of colors is not what I would choose and the icons have a flat look to them. Kind of remind me of a Palm III PDA! Really ugly!

If you are just a user you won't find much changed but if you are someone that goes through every menu and likes to customize you will see new settings and miss a few old ones. I have found it very stable and have not had to do a restart since installing the new OS!
The only problem I have had is the lock screen. It only allows two widgets that are set at phone and camera. The camera widget was invisible but I turned it off and back on and it appeared as it was supposed to.
I would do the upgrade again!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After reading about the vast majority of negative problems with updating to Lollipop... even though a few have had good success...

Being that my S4 is running well at the moment and my new Google Apps for business is A-OK after a recent domain transition and email system install...

Going to defer the update to Lollipop.

Time will tell whether I update or move to another phone.