Ringtone volume constantly going back to low after lollipop

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't figure this out, after updating to lollipop, even though I set the ringtone volume to high, when phone rings it goes to low. Then I force it back to high then it repeats at next phone call. What gives? Already battery pulled and several reboots. Thoughts and help appreciated.

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Having same problem. Did you do a factory reset, i didn't. I want more info before i do.

Posted via Android Central App

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
That's hard to believe! I've been avoiding the factory reset if at all possible. Just don't want to have to start from scratch and I'm just hoping there's a fix I'm missing.

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did a factory reset and the problem is still there. Hope they fix this annoying bug. Wonder if this bug is on every s4 or some!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

RedDawgEsq

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here, S4 SCH-I545, am missing tons of calls. Samsung tech at Best Buy had not heard of issue, could not help. So far, seemingly random, have not been able to correlate with incoming calls, text messages or other notifications, nor whether the device is being charged or not, but it keeps happening. VERY frustrating! FIX THIS NOW!

Last edited:

Chuck Pritchard

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Me too. Happened after Lollipop update on AT&T S4 stock. Been 2 months now and can find anything that I did except set Do-not-disturb for a short while. Have disabled DND and still same problem. Missing calls because volume randomly goes down to about 10%. Only comfort is seeing these remarks from other users ... thought I was losing it. Someone somewhere has got to have found the solution.

OregonRob

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Ditto..... Pissing me off.... Missing a lot of calls when waiting for job interview calls,

Not going to factory reset..screw that... I'm 3 weeks out of an upgrade with Verizon and the iPhone 6 is looking fantastic

Kitkat on s4 was eating my battery, lollipop this... No thanks.....

Edit: anyone else noticing that Google hangouts isn't notifying you of messages?

Sorry for the double post, but this seemed important....

I called Samsung, they said DO NOT factory reset... They claim it causes more problems

Last edited by a moderator:

valQIS

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem! I thought I was accidentally lowering the volume on my phone. Now, I check it on a regular basis to make sure it stays at full volume.

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's funny how nobody is really addressing this problem. If Verizon doesn't know, I'm sure Samsung knows about this!!!!

bejsam

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Dr. Watson, It's The Case of the Disappearing Volume.

Very real and really annoying on my Samsung S4. Goes back to low volume all on its own 3 - 4 times per day.

Another annoyance is that Lollipop reset numerous settings without my say so regarding swipes, eye follows and such.

Samsung, have you heard of beta testing, in real world situations? DUH??

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The killing part is there seems to be know info on the matter. Will there be a fix or will we have to deal with this? Very annoying.

laurrir

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My volume constantly goes down! I miss many calls. But this was happening before the lollipop update. I thought I was accidentally hitting the volume button but even with a new case that made it impossible to hit the volume button, it still happens. Rebooting does fix it, but why do this all day? (note edge)

goldie288

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem after lollipop upgrade in Samsung S4 on Verizon and have not received any solution for it. You are not alone !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs