My brand new Galaxy S4 is dying really quickly! 1 every min or 2. How can I stop this?

mcbanjo

May 17, 2015
Visit site
My brand new Galaxy s4 is dying really quickly! 1% every min or 2

So I just got this phone yesterday and it seems the battery has been dying so quickly. It just from me running something that involves wifi. Like im just using tumblr and its dying really fast. I've tried everything! Ive removed a good chunk of the bloatware. I have changed all my settings.
Can someone help me out?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My brand new Galaxy s4 is dying really quickly! 1% every min or 2

Welcome to the forums. Something to keep in mind is the device is new. Both the OS is still doing some processes with the kernel, although this is probably almost done by now. The battery itself needs several charge cycles to get in the groove.

As for the wifi Always on part...Go to Settings>Wifi and Networking>click on wifi>click Menu>click Advanced>see if scanning always available is checked.

mcbanjo

May 17, 2015
Visit site

I got so frustrated with my phone I ended up factory resetting it. It seems like its doing better now? Im not sure 100%. But thanks! I'll keep this in mind for awhile. If it isnt fixed in like a week or two I'll probably send it in.

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Don't wait lithium ion batteries don't need to "get in the groove" either they work or they don't.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463