S4 firmware upgrade encountered an issue, how can I fix it?

TatedutaWin

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
S4 firmware upgrade encountered an issue

so.. my s4 went down .. it shut off by itself and wont turn back on.. so i pulled battery and tried to turn it on.. got a message on my "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.. but i cant do anything lol help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: firmware.. galaxy s4

so.. my s4 went down .. it shut off by itself and wont turn back on.. so i pulled battery and tried to turn it on.. got a message on my "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.. but i cant do anything lol help
Have you downloaded and installed Samsung Kies for your PC? If not, get Kies here: Kies

Install the drivers for your phone and connect the S4 to the computer and load Kies. That should get you back into recovery to fix the problem you are having - good luck! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Also if you are close to a Best Buy, they can flash the upgrade for you, for free, in about 5 minutes. Just go to the Samsung Experience Counter.

Posted from my Note 4

TatedutaWin

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

thank you so much for your reply!!! i am downloading kies... i thought i had to download firmware for my cell.. no? i was searching on my own lol

TatedutaWin

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: S4 firmware upgrade encountered an issue

ooo i wish i was near bestbuy scare to mess up here lol!!! but im gonna try "srkmagnus" posted above :D yikes!!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It is for your phone, but you connect your phone to your computer using Kies and Kies basically connects to the Samsung server and downloads it from their server to your phone, using your computer.