no sound

SSflash

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
This is my second galaxy s4 and have just started to experience no notification sound, no ring, no alarms in between use, only works after restart. Anyone deal with this before?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When the sound goes out, is it also silent when you use headphones?

It could be due to an app you installed. Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11724

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

SSflash

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply B.Diddy. I'll try to leave it in safe mode and see if the problem is with an app. The problem is that this happens randomly, so the phone will work fine and then out of no where the sound will just stop working. I only notice it not working when I see that I've missed a call or text etc.. Next time the sound isn't working I'll have to plug in my headphones and test it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr